Position Available: Executive Director
Sexual Health Centre Lunenburg County – Bridgewater, NS
Start date: As soon as possible
Location: Bridgewater, Nova Scotia
Hours: approximately 30 hours/week
The Sexual Health Centre Lunenburg County is a pro-choice, youth-positive and LGBTQ inclusive safer space. We believe that all people have the right to access quality information and education regarding sexual and reproductive health. The Sexual Health Centre is a member centre of the Nova Scotia Association for Sexual Health.
The Executive Director is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the centre, as well as providing education-based services in Lunenburg County. As a member of NSASH, the Executive Director is also responsible for work at the provincial level, as determined by the NSASH board.
The successful candidate will have the following:
Education and Experience
- Education in social justice or health related field (Bachelor’s degree/diploma/certificate)
- Minimum 2 years experience in education, community development, group facilitation and delivering presentations
- Knowledge of current issues affecting sexual and reproductive health education and youth issues.
- Understanding of contraception, sexually transmitted and blood borne infection prevention, and harm-reduction frameworks.
- Awareness and knowledge of community development and health promotion principles and practice.
- Candidate must be pro-choice and have a strong understanding of reproductive justice.
- Candidate must be LGBTQ inclusive. Understanding of queer and trans* health issues is a considerable asset.
- Understanding of anti-oppression and anti-racist practices.
- Ability to functions as an effective team member. Experience working with boards.
- Conflict resolution and management skills, including ability to navigate contentious issues related to sexual health.
- Comfort facilitating educational sessions with youth and groups.
- Candidate must be self-driven and able to work independently with little supervision.
- Skills in initiating social action.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Financial skills including managing budgets and writing grant applications.
- Experience with managing social media accounts. Experience working with WordPress is an asset.
- Experience with writing and producing resources including educational pamphlets.
- Reliable vehicle, license and insurance.
Please send a resume and cover letter by email (email@example.com) or to the address below, by June 25th, 2014.
Deadline for applications is July 25th, 2014
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
8-4 Hillcrest St
Bridgewater, Nova Scotia
For more information about the Sexual Health Centre, please visit www.sexualhealthlunenburg.com